The Many Benefits of Chlorella & Chlorophyll
Posted at 11:00 - July 17th, 2019 - Megan & Jae - Education Guides
This specific algae is considered beneficial in helping cleanse the blood as well as protecting against diabetes, arthritis and cancer. Recent studies point toward chlorella to support fibromyalgia, high blood pressure/cholesterol management and bacterial/viral conditions. Some research indicates it may be helpful in boosting energy, improving digestive function and minimizing depression.
Spirulina is a blue-green algae found in both salt and fresh water. In contrast to chlorella, it is readily digestible without processing and offers a higher level of the beneficial Omega-6, Gamma Linoleic Acid, along with B6, folate and copper. Its specific benefits include anti-microbial support for gut flora and antioxidant functions that support increased endurance, organ protection from lead exposure and assistance with skin repair.
- Decreasing cravings for junk food
- Lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol
- Helping increase satiety when eating
- Increasing the secretion of a hormone which assists in metabolizing fat and protein
- Mitigating the oxidative damage from cancer-promoting chemicals and radiation
- Binding to carcinogens found in molds, tobacco smoke and grilled meat to help their removal from the body
- Helping remove toxic heavy metals from the body
- Aiding the immune system in killing and removing pathogens
- As an antioxidant, helping repair cellular damage
- Supporting good digestive function
Offering anti-mutagenic properties which may prevent dangerous inflammatory changes to cells
Megan is our product curator and store visionary. Personally vetting every product that comes through the door, she evaluates thousands of items each month with a focus on quality ingredients and value. Well-schooled in the supplements department and the editor of our in-store newsletters, she still insists her main job is raising three daughters! (Wichita, Kansas)
2019 marks Jae’s 20th year working as a Holistic Nutritionist and Supplement Specialist in the Health Food industry. This environment has afforded the opportunity to discuss health issues and solutions with thousands of customers and clients. Along the way, she has acquired multiple certifications including biogenealogy, environmental biology, holistic nutrition and various healing modalities. She is currently studying to complete a Ph.D in Holistic Nutrition.
All Eureka Market Education Guides are intended for educational purposes only. The guides are NOT intended to substitute for professional medical consultation and as such, do not diagnose, prescribe or offer personal medical advice. Always consult with your health care professional before taking supplements with prescription medications.